Electrical Wiring & Repair Carrollton, TX
As a homeowner, you probably don’t need us to explain to you just how complex and intricate your home’s electrical system is. There are wires running through almost every crevice of your home, keeping the electricity running. This wiring can be incredibly dangerous to deal with, especially without proper training.
That’s why you should give our team here at Mighty Electricians a call if you need wiring and repair services in the Carrollton, Texas area! We will make sure everything is handled in a safe and timely manner.
Replacing Worn Out Connections
We have already established that your wiring system is very complex with many different components. Because there are so many different components, there are many different variables that can lead to damage. Over time, connections can break down and the wires that provide your home with energy will deteriorate.
When this regular wear and tear begins to affect your home and your electricity, it’s time to call a professional company for re-wiring services. If not properly handled, this can lead to electrical fires which pose a huge threat to you, your family, and your home. Issues with the wiring of your home can take years to surface and it can be very dangerous.
Comprehensive Electrical Services You Can Trust
We know that it can be rather tempting to try and tackle the wire replacements on your own in an attempt to save a few hundred bucks. However, it is HIGHLY recommended that you seek out a professional company when you are in need of wiring services. You can place yourself in great danger by trying to handle these tasks on your own.
The wires running through your home can be very dangerous to those without years of experience or training in the industry. Our technicians are incredibly well trained and highly experienced and even they need to take precautions when working with wires. By calling us, you can feel safe knowing a professional will handle the rewiring of your home in a safe manner.
Common Electrical Repairs We Make
Since the wiring system of your home is incredibly complex and intricate, there are many different factors that can lead to wiring issues. If you experience any of these issues, you can be sure that your home will become far less energy efficient. Some of these issues will be obvious as time goes on. Here are some common wiring problems that we help our customers with:
- Inefficient charging for devices
- Power for appliances
- Unusually high electric bill
- Surges causing an issue with computers, phones, and other devices
- Malfunctioning warm or hot dimmer switches
- Shocks or sparks when you plug something in
- Bathroom or outside outlets not working
- Troubleshooting smart home systems
- Hot light bulbs
We can also help homeowners set up new lights, hide television cables, swap out old outlets, and more. We have over 25 years of experience in the industry so there’s no problem, big or small, that we can’t handle!
Top Signs of Faulty Wiring
If you are a home or business owner, it’s important that you at least have a baseline understanding of what to look for when it comes to faulty wiring. Recognizing the signs before it’s too late can help prevent an electrical fire. These fires can cause thousands upon thousands of dollars in damage to your business or home. Here are some of the common signs of faulty wiring and things you should be on the lookout for:
● The wiring doesn’t work – We know that this can seem obvious. Usually, an electrician will be able to notice this in normal homes and businesses before it has the chance to become more serious. If you have notices that one outlet in your room won’t work, it’s more than likely due to faulty wiring
● Flickering lights – This is often the cause of poor installation resulting in the connections between the wires and devices breaking down. The lights in your home will flicker due to voltage spikes that occur when the current tries to overcome a poor connection. This can potentially lead to fires
● Exposed Wire – A very important rule of thumb when it comes to the electrical system of your home or business is that there should never be exposed wiring. Exposed wiring becomes prone to damage when exposed to the elements. If the wiring does need to be outside of a wall, it should be inside of a conduit designed to protect it
● The smell of burning plastic – If you smell anything burning near an outlet you should call for help immediately. This can happen when poor connections start to heat up, leading to plastic shielding to melting. If this is not dealt with quickly it can easily lead to an electrical fire
● Outlets and switches are hot – Just like with burning plastic, if you notice your outlets and switches are hot it’s time to seek immediate help. This is a sign that there may be poor wiring or the outlet or switch itself is faulty. Either way, you should contact a professional immediately!
As you can tell, it can be fairly easy to spot issues with wiring whenever they arise. Again, if you think anything may be wrong with your wiring, it’s best to seek a professional as soon as possible. The longer you put it off the more at risk you, your family, and your home will become.
Contact Us Right Away
If it’s time for the wires in your home to be re-wired then it’s time to give our team here at Mighty Electricians a call today. We can provide both business owners and homeowners with a hassle-free quote. If you live in the Carrollton, Texas area, give us a call today to find out how we can help you!