Outlet & Switches Service in Carrollton, TX
Did you know that old, outdated, or damaged outlets and switches can actually place you, your family, your home, and your valuables in harm’s way? This is because damaged outlets are a massive electrical fire threat. When you are in need of outlet or switch upgrades, our team here at Mighty Electricians is here to help. We offer outlet repair and replacement services throughout the Carrollton, Texas area!
Installation of New Dimmer Switches and Light Switches
As a homeowner, you should always be looking for ways to save money in any way possible. Believe it or not, you can achieve this by updating the light switches in your home. This is because smart home technology has become so advanced that you can actually control the lights of your home through an app on your smartphone.
So when you leave for vacation but realize you left nearly every light in your house on, you can turn them off from your phone! While this may not seem like a big deal, you would be surprised to learn how much money this can save you on your monthly energy bills. On top of that, these smart switches can also help keep your home protected when you are gone. This is because you can turn lights on and off, giving off the appearance that someone is in your home.
As we mentioned earlier, damaged or dated outlets can lead to an electrical fire that can cause massive damage to your home. As a homeowner, you should at least be aware of the signs that you need to upgrade your outlets before it’s too late. Here are some of the common signs that you may need to upgrade your outlets:
● Your outlets only have two-prongs – This is an easy way to tell whether or not your outlets are outdated. If your outlets only have two-prongs instead of three-prongs then these outlets are very dated. Not only will they prevent you from being able to use three-prong appliances, but they are also ungrounded. This can increase the chances of shocks
● Plugs keep falling out of the socket – If you notice that the slots of your outlet are loose then it’s very likely that the contacts within the outlet are worn out. This can lead to electrical arcing which increases the chances of a fire in your home
● Outlets are warm – Anytime you notice that your outlets or any area near your outlets are warm to the touch, you should seek help immediately. Warm outlets mean that an electrical fire can be right around the corner so it needs to be dealt with as quickly as possible!
● Outlets are discolored – If the area surrounding an outlet or the outlet itself is discolored, it’s very likely that the outlet is burned, damaged, or improperly installed. Any short circuit can cause scorch marks. If you notice that one of your outlets is discolored, you should NEVER attempt to use the outlet until it’s fixed. Also, immediately cut the power to any discolored outlet
● You see a spark when you plug something in or smell burning – Anytime you see a spark come out of your outlet, it’s a good sign that something is wrong with the outlet. If you smell something burning it’s a good sign that an electrical fire is right around the corner
If you are experiencing any of these issues, you should seek professional assistance as quickly as possible. Replacing damaged or old outlets can help protect you, your family, and your home from a fire.
Why You Should Upgrade Your Outlets
You shouldn’t look at upgrading your outlets as something that is a negative burden. While you may not have been expecting the expense, there are many benefits of upgrading your outlets. Here are some of the benefits to consider when you’re thinking about upgrading your outlets:
● Added safety – As we mentioned above, old or damaged outlets pose a significant fire threat
● Time-saver – Older outlets will require more time to fully charge all of your appliances
● Convenient and efficient
● Improved home design – It’s no secret, old and damaged outlets can be an eyesore. Upgrading your outlets can improve the aesthetic of your home
● Durability – New technology means that new outlets are more durable and reliable than older units
As you can see, the benefits of upgrading your outlets extend beyond safety.
Our Professionals Can Help You
In case you haven’t figured it out yet, dealing with faulty outlets and wiring can be incredibly dangerous for anyone without proper training. That’s’ why it’s important that you seek professional help anytime you notice something wrong with the outlets in your home. No one knows more than us how important it is to deal with outlet issues in a timely manner, so we can have an electrician at your home in no time at all.
Our electricians have over 25 years of experience working with people in the Carrollton area, meaning there’s no problem that we haven’t seen before. Our electricians will use their training and experience to fix and upgrade any damaged or dated outlets in your walls. We have built a reputation in the area as being dependable, hard-working, timely, friendly, and well-prepared to handle anything!
Get in Touch With Us Today
If you notice that you have damaged outlets in your home or place of business, there may be no time to waste! Give our team here at Mighty Electricians a call today and we can provide you with a hassle-free quote. If you live in the Carrollton, Texas area, give us a call today to find out how we can help you.